Tyre help please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iluvmybike

Über Member
It will be a standard 2.25 tyre on that bike. Choice of brand/model depends on what you are type of surfaces will you be riding on and what you want to pay

OP
OP
R

richdot

Found out its a 2.10 tyre thats fitted. I just need to figure out what width size I can go up to.

T4tomo

Guru
from specification tab on the link you supplied....

1627567852429.png

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Probably take upto a 2.3 - my son has a Vengeance. What's your budget on tyres as they can be very expensive. What use are you using it for - just 'off road' ?

Hi all need some help with these tyres please I have just started back on the bike mainly doing trails I have a cheap carrera bike this one:

https://www.halfords.com/bikes/moun...2020---black---xs-s-m-l-xl-frames-340910.html

I know they are 27.5" but don't know if there 2.25 or 2.4 or 2.1 2.0 and it does not say on the tyre can i just get any 27.5" tyre?

Which would be better tyre? maxx1s ardent ? continetal trail king? schwalbe magic mary?

Thanks
These are good for £30 Hutchinson Toro Hardskin Tubeless MTB Tyre | Chain Reaction Cycles
Or trail Kings at £38 but 2.2 Continental Trail King Folding Mountain Bike Tyre | Chain Reaction Cycles

T4tomo

Guru
Does not say 2.1 for me it says

TyresCarrera Puncture Protect by Kenda, MTB

I know they are 27.5 2.10 i have phoned and asked halfords they have told me that but won't say what tyre width i can fit upto.

as i said above from specification tab on the link you supplied.... i.e click what i have circled
1627571816529.png

I'd be massively surprised if 2.25 didn't fit, but not surprised that Halford wont confirm or deny, given widths vary a bit between tyre brnads

OP
OP
R

richdot

as i said above from specification tab on the link you supplied.... i.e click what i have circled
View attachment 601558
I'd be massively surprised if 2.25 didn't fit, but not surprised that Halford wont confirm or deny, given widths vary a bit between tyre brnads
yeah seen it now at the bottom. I will look at the frame and the back wheel later see what room i have. I might just get some cheap tyres from halfords as i need 1 for sunday

https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bi...-27.5-x-2.1-with-puncture-protect-466444.html

that should do the trick for the sunday trails hopefully

Top Bottom