Tyre Levers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RabbitFood

Hi All

I am not even going to say anything about why I need these ect but as im new to cycling on my brand new Allez I need to get some for when the fairy arrives, so are they all pretty much or the same or are the £9 ones much better than the £2 ones?

I will also need a pump and spare inner tube and intend to get them thursday before my next ride on Thursday night, 10 rides and been lucky so far.

J

tyred

Legendary Member
I know someone will be along in a minute to tell you you shouldn't use them but steel tyre levers are better imo. You could probably pick a punture repair kit complete with three steel levers in your local pound shop. You can apparently damage alloy rims with them but I haven't. It's just a question of working carefully. Steel won't break like a cheap plastic one.

OP
OP
R

RabbitFood

thanks all, remeber i never chanded a tyre altho i got a cycle course in a months time hope my luck can hold out till then.

but least i know what to get now, thanks all

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Radius said:

Mine snapped during it's first use on a tough tyre.

I now use Park Tools blue levers, a snip at £3 a pair.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Cubist said:
Sorry, but I read all your posts and advice and went and bought something else!:smile:

Arf :smile: The Road Morph is a nice piece of kit (I own one) but the Specialized Air tool Road is what I carry with me - £20 cheaper than the UK rrp of the road morph too!

Top Bottom