Tyre Levers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aJohnson

Hi I'm just wondering if anyone could recommend some decent sturdy tyre levers which wont cost a bomb. The reason I'd like some better ones than my topeak ones (came with multitool) is that I find it's too much of a hassle to take off/put on the continental home trainer tyre with those levers (Takes a very long time and if I use spoons it still takes ages and I somehow rip the innertube when taking the tyre off.).

I've heard good things about Crank Brothers Speed Lever.

Thanks.

Manonabike

Über Member
These are the best I've seen.

zizou

Veteran
the crank brothers speed lever is good for changing mtb tyres but ive found it a bit difficult for road ones...might just be my poor technique though. at the moment i use the park tool ones for road, they seem pretty strong.

GrasB

Veteran
I use 3 tyre levers, specialized pry babies & a Park 8" tyre lever. The reason is simple, the park can lever anything off with ease (I'd recommend a piece of old inner tube us placed over the rim to prevent abrasion) & the pry babies are designed to slide under the tyre so can get under the tightest tyre once your technique is sorted.

Lambchop

Park Tools all the way! Awesome quality...

The only product of theirs I don't rate are the puncture stick repair patches - they can't seem to cope with road bike tyre pressures at all..

Top Bottom