Tyre pressure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gazmercer

Surely that would depend on the tyre. Minimum and maximum pressures are usually displayed on the side wall of the tyre !!

Having wrestled a veloflex 20mm onto mine it ain't coming off whatever pressure you put into it.

Don't forget that the "carbon" bit is purely for aero purposes and does not affect the structural integrity of the wheel - so treat them like any other wheel and adjust the pressure according to the roads you are using and the tyre makers recommendations.

The Mavic instruction manual says 140 psi max.

OP
OP
D

Dean Lewis

Just got in from 30 mile ride on new Mavic Cosmic Carbon SL wheels, decided to try 120psi as i did on my Fulcrum Racing 3 and they run really well, it was a bit windy on ride but when out of it managed to wind the wheels up and the reviews are right....very quick wheelset :smile: there are a few hills out my way and when on them i climbed fine and didn't notice a real difference from none aero wheel also didn't find problem with side winds.
Message to Spartacus, wheels are on my Viner Perfecta....Talking of Viner i'm curious as to why i never see any around :smile:, anyone know of people who ride these?

andyhunter

keep above minimium and below maximum as stated in the thread but in general its down to what weight you are to make it suitable for yourself to give best ride feeling and least amount of friction and drag. There is a table corrosponding to weight and tyre pressure on the net you can get or else michelin have one aswell for there tyres.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Dean Lewis said:
Just got in from 30 mile ride on new Mavic Cosmic Carbon SL wheels, decided to try 120psi as i did on my Fulcrum Racing 3 and they run really well, it was a bit windy on ride but when out of it managed to wind the wheels up and the reviews are right....very quick wheelset xx( there are a few hills out my way and when on them i climbed fine and didn't notice a real difference from none aero wheel also didn't find problem with side winds.
Message to Spartacus, wheels are on my Viner Perfecta....Talking of Viner i'm curious as to why i never see any around xx(, anyone know of people who ride these?

I know one other Viner owner personally (her enthusing online about her Maxima was a big influence on my purchase). On account of my local LBS being an enthusiastic dealer, there are plenty around Pompey..

Top Bottom