Tyre seal and inflator

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

barongreenback

Über Member
Assuming it works the same way as the car stuff, it should be ok but whether it's permanent is another matter. Wouldn't it be simpler to carry a spare tube and repair the punctured one when you get back home? Probably less weight to carry too and if you want a speedy solution for inflation, you could get one of those mini CO2 canisters.

If this is anything like Slime products I will roughly treble the weight of your tube. I exaggerate for effect, but not by much. Slime tubes are heavy, and once you've shot a can of this into your tube you've effectively turned it into a Slime tube.

+1 for a spare tube. I carry c02 as well so that I can get enough pressure into the tube once I've changed it, but I'm a fat @rse so you might get away with a standard pump.

OP
OP
flat-pack

flat-pack

Veteran
Thanks both, I do carry a spare tube but, if dark and cold, would rather a quick fix, off to LIdl's soon will check the weight of the can.

Hardrock93

Guru
I bought a can this morning. The spare innertube for my mountain bike weighs 172g, the can of sealant spray is 90g. It's not like Slime (which in the motorcycle world is gunk that you put in the tube and which stays liquid), it's like Tyreweld - a once only quick fix.

The sealant might work for a tiny puncture of the innertube, but anything larger and I'm sure it would be useless. I'll carry it (90g is nothing compared to the overall weight of my bike), and I'll find out if it works - but I'll still carry spare tube as back up.

I've used stuff like this on a tubless motorcycle tyre and it made a hell of a mess inside the wheel - a rubbery, sticky coating which was well nigh impossible to remove.

Top Bottom