Tyred???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
A friend sent me a link to this and is keen for me to try it out. I wasn't so keen.

A friend sent me a link to this and is keen for me to try it out. I wasn't so keen.
Maybe the tyre from a Mini??( a real Mini, at 10")

Granted, it shows the power that Hayles has!!

And as for Chris Hoy....................
Have a read here:eek: https://www.topgear.com/car-news/chris-hoy-and-jaguar-f-type

After the aeriel rear-view
"My peak watts is about 2,500-2,600, but you’re only hitting that for a second, maybe a second and a half"

Quick bit of translation for you: Chris Hoy’s power stats are a suitably beefy 3.5bhp at 120rpm.
But that’s nothing.
“We have this big rig in the lab and it essentially has two [consecutive] gear systems that connect to this massive flywheel with paddles on it, so that if you stand on the pedals, they barely move; and we do two revs, just two revs at maximum, then stop and rest for 20 seconds, but for the first few degrees of motion, I’ve hit over 700Nm of torque.”

That’s 516lb ft. More than either a Ferrari F12 or twin-turbo BMW M5 can muster. Blimey. And how does this translate into acceleration?
“Well, the guy that leads us out for the team sprint [Philip Hindes] can reach 100 metres in 8.9 seconds, and does zero to 60kph [37mph] in about 10 seconds

:wacko::eek::eek:

Top Bottom