Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Olly

Hi all!

I have been looking for a while for some new tyres.
I want 700x23 maybe folding and White (or maybe red):becool:
I know the fact I want coloured tyres may be a bit questionable but my bike would look all the better for them so there!!!
I comute every day in London but have only had one punture sofar this year :thumbsup: ( and that was me being careless :tongue: )
Even though I comute each day I'm quite "racey" and would like something fast, slick, cool and yet still quite hard wearing.

Any suggestions?

Cheers
Olly x

Will1985

Über Member
Conti GP4000 are probably what you're looking for. There is a special limited edition set of white tyres which they do, but they are pretty rare and cost something like £70/pair. I know a place in Brum which has a set though...

I think you can also get Schwalbe Stelvios and a Vittoria tyre in white.

Personally I stick to black - the discolouration makes it lose the good looks quickly from what I've seen on others' bikes.

kyuss

Veteran
Will1985 said:
Conti GP4000 are probably what you're looking for. There is a special limited edition set of white tyres which they do, but they are pretty rare and cost something like £70/pair. I know a place in Brum which has a set though...

Probikekit have them for £50 the pair at the moment, which is a proper bargain.

Olly said:
I want 700x23 maybe folding and White (or maybe red):becool:
Nothing wrong with coloured tyres, Olly. Perfectly normal!

Consider also Vittoria Rubino Pro, which you can get in white with a black running strip - I don't think anyone makes a pure white tyre. I generally use Michelin tyres - Axials for general riding, Race Pros for the best bike in the dry - and you can get a wide range of colours; but not white.

OP
OP
O

Olly

Thanks for the help!
I have had my eyes on the conti's for a while and that price look too good to pass up on.
I'll probably get them when I get paid at the end of the month :tongue:

As for thoughts of discolouration, as I have a week till I get paid...
Does anyone have a picture of White tyres after a fair bit of use????
If they look rubish I'll stick with black.
Or maybe try red???????:becool:

Cheers
Olly

Mr Pig

I use Specialized Nimbus Armadillo, although I think you only get them in 700x38. They have a red sidewall, black tread and are very puncture resistant. Very.

OP
OP
O

Olly

Thanks Mr Pig!
The more input the better!
I'll have look at your suggestions once I get on the big computer and not on the iPhone (no cut and paste):becool:

How do you find the colour holds up???

Cheers
Olly

Mr Pig

Well, it's still red if that's what you mean? Dirty, less red. Clean, more red. But the pigment itself does not fade, or at least has not faded yet.

Did I say they were very puncture resistant?

OP
OP
O

Olly

That makes perfect sense to me!!!
I'll post pics when I get the tyres
Cheers
Olly

brady37

schwalbe ultremo are a great tyre and come in differnt colours websters bikeshop have them on offer they are very light and strong check out online shops for best deals i think websters were the best deal

Ademort

Olly said:
Hi all!

I have been looking for a while for some new tyres.
I want 700x23 maybe folding and White (or maybe red):biggrin:
I know the fact I want coloured tyres may be a bit questionable but my bike would look all the better for them so there!!!
I comute every day in London but have only had one punture sofar this year :biggrin: ( and that was me being careless :ohmy: )
Even though I comute each day I'm quite "racey" and would like something fast, slick, cool and yet still quite hard wearing.

Any suggestions?

Cheers
Olly x
Try Michelin Krylion carbon they tick all the boxes, very puncture resistant i use them on my work bike. I use Continental GP4000S on my good bike,excellent tyres but not as hardwearing or puncture resistant as the Krylions, and you can get them in Red.
Ademort

OK, many are gonna howl at me for this......:evil:

I use very cheap vittoria rubino tyres http://www.shinybikes.com/product.php?productid=16258 , £10 each.
Apart from the first pair, which had, during early use, not been inflated to the correct pressure and consequently split on the sidewall (over 4 years!), I've found them to be excellent.

Only a very infrequent visit by the PF, no more than 2 in 4 years!, and for the cost, why pay more....?

;)

(Edit....not folding tho!):sad:

briank

Me, I drink Eastern European red fortified with anti-freeze.
It works!
Why pay more?
(The answer to this question is as hard to present in verbal argument as is the answer to stoatsngroats.)

briank said:
Me, I drink Eastern European red(is this a RED wine....or red diesel....?) fortified with anti-freeze.
It works!
Why pay more?
(The answer to this question is as hard to present in verbal argument as is the answer to stoatsngroats.)

:sad: (Much too cryptic for me - I'll never understand...!) ;)

Top Bottom