Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
O

Olly

Well this is all gettin good and surreal!!!
Back on the tyre front...

How the the rubino's compared with the conti's with rolling resistance???

Olly said:
Well this is all gettin good and surreal!!!
;) sorry 'bout that!

Olly said:
How the the rubino's compared with the conti's with rolling resistance???

Well, to be honest, I can't compare anythign with the rubinos, because that's all I've used.
I CAN say, however, that I've never noticed any 'resistance' whilst, rolling, or pedaling, but I only ever cycle on road, never track. It would be here that my extremely limited knowledge of differing tyres shows itself.

If cycling in London, and in terms of rolling resisitance, would you notice any differences between a £40 tyre, and a £10 tyre?

Good luck in your search......(did you notice that the rubinos are available in white?)

Ebay Here This price £15.99 + £5.99 post, is for a pair!

Not used these for my tyre purchase.....:biggrin:

JohnRedcoRn

new tyres or chance it? advice needed

out on sunday i noticed what i thought was a buckle in my rear wheel, turned out the tyre was frayed about 3 inches long right by the rim of the tyre. Then i noticed some fine cracks running almost the whole way around the side of my front tyre, and some small cracking on the rear one too. Luckily i got home without it all falling to bits but i dont want to risk it.

the main tread of the tyres is good to be going on with. interestingly i'd just had the bike serviced and the tyres had been inflated - could they have been overinflated thus causing cracks? the bike shop man said "run them on 90" whereas the max recommended pressure is 85 ?

So, is it a case of urgent tyre replacement or do tyres run for a while on such wear? Thanks

OP
OP
O

Olly

those look great value!!!
£50 on contis or £15 on vittoria's

in "the current climate" as is the buzz word it looks like it'll be the vittoria's!

as for the frayed tyre!!

i wouldn't risk it either - i had a tyre pop out of its rim - scared the cr:ohmy:p out of me!!!

thanks for all your help folks!!
:smile:
olly

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
One word about the Rubinos- they, IME, have an almost comic lack of grip, especially when pushed hard around corners, and it seems to be the rear that gives way before the front. But they are quite fast and very hard wearing. I use them lots 'cos they're cheap.

Olly said:
those look great value!!!
£50 on contis or £15 on vittoria's

in "the current climate" as is the buzz word it looks like it'll be the vittoria's!

I hope you find them as acceptable as I do - let me know if you agree...!

(Glad you're getting white..;) )

OP
OP
O

Olly

i'll let you know when i get them!
maybe post a pic too!!!!
cheers for all the help everyone:biggrin:
olly

Top Bottom