Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

apc

Afternoon, I am looking to change the tyres for my commute. Currently I have some Continental Speed King 26x2.1.

Looking for the best resistance/puncture protection option. Been thinking about some Schwalbe Big Apple MTB 26x1.75 or Marathon/Marathon Plus - any other thoughts though?

thanks,

Andrew

dondare

Über Member
I don't think that you can go wrong with Marathon Plus but Schwalbe have a new advanced tyre called (I think) the "Supreme" which might be even better.

potsy

Rambler
If you're OK fitting tyres then you can't go wrong with the M+,bombproof commuting tyre when speed/weight is not all that matters.
Much rather use my hybrid with it's M+ when on the 2pm-10pm shift,light bike for the mornings though.

D

Deleted member 1258

downfader said:
Big fan of those! Have ridden the old version o the Racelites and really nice rolling road tyres. No good in autumn if you want to go anywhere with leaf fall, or if you're doing offroading. :tongue:

Not come across a tyre that copes well with fallen leaves yet. I had one of these on the front of my fixed right through the winter, put one on the back of the fixed and two on my Dawes after Christmas, with out major drama, I rode through all the ice and snow. The only time it misbehaved a bit was in Middleton village on sheet ice, the front of the bike weaved round a little bit then kept tracking straight.

Simba

Specialized Allez 24 Rider
My old tyres were continental speed kings 26x2.1 and I had 7 p*nc*ur*s in 3 months. I now use Continental City Contact 26x1.75 and they are very good and resilient.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I've had the Marathon Plus for just over 6 months now, done approx. 4000 miles on them, and no punctures yet.

Top Bottom