Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paxterg

Veteran
I am going to put some new rubber on my pride and joy. Ideally I am looking for something light with low rolling resistance. Would also like it if they were durable and lasted for a good few miles. A reasonable price would also help! Last year I settled with Continental GP4000S, was happy enough with them. I also have experience with Schwalbe Ultremo R1's, they did not last much over 1000 miles. This year I was also looking at Schwalbe Ultremo ZX's and Vredestein Fortezza Tricomp's. What do you think?

GP4000s are on my summer bike, I've got 2,250miles out of them so far and they are still going strong. I might try Mitch Pro Race 3, the next time, reviews of them were similar to the conti and now the Pro 4 are out they are a more reasonable price.

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
I'll have some red Schwalbe Ultremo ZX's for sale in a few days with only a couple of hundred miles of use on them

superb tyre

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I have just bought my second pair of Michelin pro3 race. First set lasted over 2000 miles with no fairies visiting, lots of grip and great fast rolling. I would have upgraded to Pro4 race but was trying to save pennies last month.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I have just bought my second pair of Michelin pro3 race. First set lasted over 2000 miles with no fairies visiting, lots of grip and great fast rolling. I would have upgraded to Pro4 race but was trying to save pennies last month.

2K miles is not far enough for a pair of tyres costing around £50. Mine cut up really badly too. Fair weather, good surface tyres IMO. Conti Gatorskins for the winter for me - the folding ones aren't that much heavier either.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
Given you were happy with GP4000's then I'd go back to using them! I'm currently using wire bead 25c conti gatorskins until spring comes along, and even then I'm probably going to switch to Mitchelin Krylions (I will just swap to another wheelset with tyres fitted, saving my winter wheels for when I need them)

stu1903

Über Member
I currently run Schwalbe Ultremo ZX tyres and love them. Have just bought a second set to put on the bike for my upcoming sportive.

Very fast tyre with low rolling resistance and very puncture proof. Touch wood don't want to put the kiss of death on it lol

potsy

Rambler
GP4000s are on my summer bike, I've got 2,250miles out of them so far and they are still going strong. I might try Mitch Pro Race 3, the next time, reviews of them were similar to the conti and now the Pro 4 are out they are a more reasonable price.
£20 at CRC Hlab in certain colours, nice pair of pink ones would be nice.

Top Bottom