uci-names-first-five-biological-passport-violators

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The UCI and McDead have bottled it again (well at least initially) - as I (and many others thought) thought they would

A bunch of second stringers. They daren't name the big guns for frear of team sponsorship folding and damaging the sport.

OP
OP
itisaboutthebike

itisaboutthebike

Über Member

Skip Madness

Cycling News said:
Former world champion Igor Astarloa, Lampre's Pietro Caucchioli, Italian Francesco De Bonis (Serramenti PVC Diquigiovanni - Androni Giocattoli), Fuji-Servetto's Ricardo Serrano and the former Saunier Duval rider Ruben Lobato Elvira, who is without a team for this season were named.
Not a surprise to see Igor Astarloa's name in there. The others are fairly small-fry, except for Caucchioli who hasn't done much for a while anyway. I was a little surprised that Lobato was without a team this season, although that looks like it may not have been a bad thing.

In the absence of positive tests I am curious as to exactly how the legal proceedings will go ahead.

Just call me Psychic Chuffy....:wacko:

Not much chance of a big legal challenge coming from that lot. Perhaps UCI are 'softening up' the peloton to the principal of actions deriving from passport violations? Imagine if (and I stress, this is purely hypothetical...) they had named the likes of Sastre, Cancellara, Cavendish etc. There would be a legal bloodbath...

Top Bottom