Ugh!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Currently suffering with what is presumably a stomach bug, aches and pains (I also had a fever on Friday night), pretty constant headache, low back pain, horrid abdominal cramps and avery grumbly, upset tummy :sad:. Not been sick so don't think it's noro. Able to eat and do get hungry but not really enjoying food, most unusual

That said I did have campylobacter infection 2 years ago and although I don't remember the aches and pains, the rest feels unpleasantly familiar :sad:

Any tips? I am taking painkillers for the cramps and had some Imodium yesterday. I may need some more :sad:

Need to get well ASAP as am starting a new job on the 20th. I have a GP appointment for something else on Wednesday so can discuss then if not better.

Sympathy also appreciated!

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I had something that sounds every similar back in December, wasn't sick at all but shake shivers and fever and spent a lot of my time in the smallest room of the house. On the upside I lost half a stone in a long weekend, half of which I managed to keep off despite eating lots over Xmas. .

Imodium plus after every movement, paracetamol and drinking lots of water is the recommend way. By day 4, I was feeling back to normal

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Sounds dreadful @vickster and I wish you a speedy recovery.

I had salmonella poisoning some years ago whilst working abroad and ever since It has recurred usually about once a year though each time the symptoms get less severe.

If you are looking after yourself at home is immodium the best thing to take? I am not saying its wrong by any means however the advice I was given and have always stuck by is not to stop the free flow so to speak so as to get the infection out of your body as quickly as possible . Imodium will just keep it in there.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanks all

When I had the campylobacter, the GP did recommend Imodium just from a comfort perspective. I haven't taken any since yesterday morning. I did have a couple of co codamol after I posted, to deal with the pain and headache, send me back to sleep and the codeine also has a constipating effect. GP suggested this last time too.

I still feel like I have been hit by a bus, headache again. Bit hungry though! :wacko:

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Feeling a bit better but still tender tummy and I get a shooting pain in my head every time I stand up :wacko:

I may go out and seek high grade medicinal chocolate soon :secret:

Top Bottom