Ugly old hack (cheap full sus)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Xiorell

Über Member
I put this together the other day, but I have no real need for it at all as I am building a pretty good MTB for my off-road needs and have a hybrid for other stuff.

Started life as a Raleigh Tucana, I replaced the swingarm with one from another bike (with same geometry), bars and mechs from that bike too.
Needs new Bottom Bracket the current one wobbles, wants new cables - current ones are frayed. Probabley brake pads too but the current ones are stopping me fine, aside from that a wee bit of adjustement is all its asking for.

HOWEVER

Everything works (I've ragged it over the fields a couple of times it was fine), it's ugly, got rust spots (light) and is DEFINATELY not likely to get nicked while you're in the pub having a few ;)

DSCF0143.jpg

Anyone got use for this? Will swap it for random stuff, nothing fancy expected of course just let me know.

Could use an old race frame 54-58cm though.

Magikarp

I put this together the other day, but I have no real need for it at all as I am building a pretty good MTB for my off-road needs and have a hybrid for other stuff.

Started life as a Raleigh Tucana, I replaced the swingarm with one from another bike (with same geometry), bars and mechs from that bike too.
Needs new Bottom Bracket the current one wobbles, wants new cables - current ones are frayed. Probabley brake pads too but the current ones are stopping me fine, aside from that a wee bit of adjustement is all its asking for.

HOWEVER

Everything works (I've ragged it over the fields a couple of times it was fine), it's ugly, got rust spots (light) and is DEFINATELY not likely to get nicked while you're in the pub having a few ;)

DSCF0143.jpg

Anyone got use for this? Will swap it for random stuff, nothing fancy expected of course just let me know.

Could use an old race frame 54-58cm though.

Damn I wish I could have it... Too big for me T_T

Top Bottom