UK Wide Cycling Campaign Facebook Group

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Boopop

Guru
Evening All,

I'm a bit tired of each town/city's cycling campaign working in a bit of a bubble (at least in my experience). My local advocacy group doesn't tend to hear from CyclingUK and I'd like to see more action and discussion and sharing of ideas between groups. Given these days many people use facebook on a daily basis I thought it would be useful if I created a facebook group for anyone and everyone across the UK to join who's interested in cycling advocacy. Please if your local campaign group isn't on the following list, then go ahead and edit it, ideally adding both the URL and email address. I intend to send an email to them all eventually inviting them and their members to join the group. Hopefully my impassioned words will be enough to convince them! Most of the links there already are what I have added myself, I still need to go back and add the email addresses for the ones I found.

Thanks, Tom :smile:

P.S - You should have edit access to the page, so edit away:
View: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Vw7iKc4voMqKShTbMFtbpfQwGnGFUhyaVSIpKxNxeQg/edit?usp=sharing&fbclid=IwAR38TTcolrHUebk3atzsuVJKwy_HUaahMpKv9FpPIxx0bdKGGKG5N6AaqAg

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Why not just join with the existing ones? CycleNation, stop killing cyclists and many more already have Facebook groups.

OP
OP
Boopop

Boopop

Guru
Why not just join with the existing ones? CycleNation, stop killing cyclists and many more already have Facebook groups.

CycleNation appears to be dead, I've tried emailing them through their site but it's broken. Stop Killing Cyclists is great for what it is but it seems like they're very London focused.

I'm not suggesting people specifically join facebook just for this 😅

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
CycleNation appears to be dead, I've tried emailing them through their site but it's broken. Stop Killing Cyclists is great for what it is but it seems like they're very London focused.
Why not try cycle nation's Facebook group? The core admin volunteers are overloaded but the Facebook and the email forum are definitely active.

Stop killing cyclists are London heavy but they do welcome other areas. A sixth of the UK population is around London, plus cycling is more common than average, so any national group might seem that way.

I don't care if they can cure cancer or solve world hunger - I'm not joining Facebook, no matter how noble the notion.
+1.

Yes, you should really consider how you reach people outside facebook.

I also strongly agree that london centric focus is problematic. I hear all sorts of great news about pop-up infra, but sweet FA is done in my local area, despite the uptick in families out on bikes. Rather annoyingly, I live on the fringe of Leeds, technically Kirklees but cycle mostly through Kirklees and Bradford to get to work, don't cycle to Leeds owning to the fact that it's long unpleasant stretch down the A58 which is an own goal economically as far as I'm concerned. More employment opportunity, but I hate the commute. Leeds has its own group, but to my knowledge there's nothing in Kirklees (I welcome correction here!) and whilst I work in Bradford, I could never attend meetings as it's too far away from home.

If I might add, your table should have a list of the locations associated with the groups name as the website URL isn't always obvious.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Boopop

Boopop

Guru
Admittedly the list has been created in a rather slapdash manner - I'm going to spend some more time on it over the weekend :smile: Facebook group will be my first step, and then I'll go from there.

EDIT: Looks like I sent the Cyclenation group a join request months ago. Still hasn't been accepted. Bleh.

Top Bottom