UKIP' views on cycling infrastructure provision:

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bman

Guru
Wow, Peter Burkinshaw is a bit of a c*ck isnt he!?

yello

On the plus side, at least he responded and made his position very clear.

On the negative side, I suspect there are many that would agree with him.

In fairness, that's what you want politicians to do. That is, state their case and intentions with no fudging. Of course, it would be better if he listened before doing that but at least you know what you're getting.

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
On the plus side, at least he responded and made his position very clear.

On the negative side, I suspect there are many that would agree with him.

In fairness, that's what you want politicians to do. That is, state their case and intentions with no fudging. Of course, it would be better if he listened before doing that but at least you know what you're getting.
Yes, at least on this issue he's honest! Just a shame he's so terribly ill informed.

Ciar

Veteran
what a tool, I mean lets be honest we pay our income tax we pay council tax we pay god knows what else in tax, telling me none of that goes into roads and cycle lanes?

I know i don't commute yet, but the roads are as much mine to use be it car or cycle!

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I like this answer in particular:-

No. The shared paths work fine, provided that cyclists don't also use the pedestrian half.
I presume that "proper provision" would mean stealing road space from the people who pay for it.

yello

[QUOTE 2426936, member: 259"]The problem is this kind of drivel is just the sort of thing to appeal to the why oh why oh why Daily Mail readers who make up their core support. He's just milking it[/quote]

Well, yes, he is. It's fair to say his is not a lone voice. For me, the worst thing is that he gives a credence and acceptability to those views. And, as much as I hate to say it, those views are entitled to be expressed in a democracy. To my mind, and as much as I personally disagree with him, at least we know what he's about! Better the devil you know sort of thing.

Don't forget that we are all nobbers in someone's eyes!

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
LOL
Peter Burkinshaw, UKIP
burkinshaw-150x150.jpg
75 year old Peter Burkinshaw has been a relatively silent voice in this election campaign, which explains the lack of any photos of the man anywhere online. ‘The Burk’ survived an attempt by King’s students to have him banned from the college’s election hustings but has been sidelined from many other campaign events. UKIP expect to pick up some extra votes compared to their showing of 1.3% last time out thanks to redrawn constituency boundaries but realistically the moaning old git faces a battle with Old Holborn and Martin Booth to avoid the wooden spoon.

on the road

Über Member
I'm quite surprised the Green Party hasn't replied considering what they stand for. As for the Ukip, I thought he was funny, what a tool :laugh:

Top Bottom