Ullapool Challenge on The Adventure Show

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alp1950

The Adventure Show on BBC Two Scotland this evening ran a feature on the Ullapool Challenge. Very nice piece of TV on this 130 mile sportive. Well worth checking on BBC iPlayer both for the scenery and for an excellent insight into a sportive. Certainly wetted my appetite.

(Just checked BBC iPlayer- it's not available yet but will be coming soon. Don't forget to click on "Choose region- Scotland") as I suspect the show was only broadcast up here. Pity as it was an excellent bit of TV.

Its a good show I saw one a while back where the challenge saw them swim accross a loch, run/ hike up a mountain and paraglide off the top. Oh it also had a little bit of cycling.

Noodley

Sorry to disagree alp, but I thought the programme's portrayal of sportives and cycling was dire!

Dougie Vipond cycling a few miles and blabbering on about how tough it was, and not having warmed up, and the pain he was enduring was a joke. And as for that 'live commentary' on the 'race'!! :sad:

I could go on, and on, and on....;)

Even Mrs Noodley commented at one point that 130 miles was not that far! :sad:
She is becoming a true audax wife :biggrin:

OP
OP
alp1950

alp1950

:sad: Each to his own Noodley.

As I said, I enjoyed it although to be honest I only stumbled across the programme after it had already started so maybe I missed the worst of the naff bits.

Maybe once I've done my first audax or sportive I'll feel the same way, but it was a nice introduction for a sportive-curious.

snorri

Legendary Member
A bit unfair to complain about failing to get in depth coverage of the Ullapool event, the prog was aimed at a general audience, not cycling enthusiasts. The segments on the Tiree Wave Classic and a mountaineer/film-maker did not get into any of the technical aspects of these disciplines either.
Let's just be grateful that BBC Scotland have managed to produce a whole hour of sporting/recreation type programme without mentioning the f word.
There is hope.:sad:

Top Bottom