Ullrich in the clear?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Danny

Legendary Member
Sad end to a great talent.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
He says it's not an admission of guilt or buying his freedom, so he's just an awfully generous bloke donating 250K Euros to charity!
His reputation and credibility in Germany is so low he is effectively being punished long term anyway.

mondobongo

Über Member
I think he just wanted closure on the whole thing, am not condoning it but you have to look that he rode in different times even though it was recent.
Jan was so popular because he did show a human side.

Tetedelacourse

Can't blame him. Being given the opportunity to get rid of charges against you and you can afford it and you don't have to admit to anything, I think he'd have been stupid not to take it.

In general I find it difficult to single him out for criticism as he came to the fore at the height of the rEPO era and was the best most precocious young talent at the time. Agree also that he humanised the race a fair bit too. I wish he'd beaten Uncle Lance in 2003.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
i always enjoyed watching him race. anyone who accuses him of being a cheat might do well to remember that incident in the tour when armstrong was taken down by a spectator, and ullrich waited for him, when he could have attacked and taken the yellow jersey.

nice to see you tete btw :blush:

iandg

Legendary Member
a sad end indeed, a rider i liked too.

Think of all the pies he could have bought with that money :becool:

Top Bottom