Ultegra 6750 compact 10 speed crankset - discontinued?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I've been trying to order a Shimano Ultegra 6750 compact 10 speed crankset, and have had trouble finding one.

I need the 175mm crank size, but CRC only has 165mm and 170mm. I then tried Wiggle, Evans, and SJS, but they all said these were out of stock. After trying various other vendors I'd never heard of, I found one (http://www.totalcycling.com) that said the 170mm and 175mm options were 'discontinued'. I don't know if this means that this particular vendor isn't selling them anymore, or that Shimano is discontinuing them.

Can anyone help me with 3 questions:
1. If I order the 170mm crankset from CRC, how would this affect my cycling, given that I've always ordered 175mm previously?
2. Can you tell me of any vendors that still have in stock the Ultegra 6750 compact 10 speed crankset in 175mm crank size?
3. Could I get the Shimano 105 5750 crankset instead? Reviews on CRC for this model were fairly positive.

Thanks,

--- Victor.

Last edited:

stumpy66

Veteran

vickster

Legendary Member
Why not email them? :smile:
I expect they exclude other non European geographies, although it does only appear to be Oz (i.e. not NZ). Maybe there's a glitch in their system if you've shopped from wiggle before

Are there no Australian retailers, you only mention UK ones? Who do you usually buy from?

OP
OP
Shut Up Legs

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Why not email them? :smile:
I expect they exclude other non European geographies, although it does only appear to be Oz (i.e. not NZ). Maybe there's a glitch in their system if you've shopped from wiggle before

Are there no Australian retailers, you only mention UK ones? Who do you usually buy from?
UK retailers. :laugh:
The fact is, I find CRC far superior to anything Australia has. As for your emailing suggestion, yes I'll email CRC and Wiggle to ask about stock availability, and ask Wiggle how they can possibly simultaneously have all types of the Ultegra 6750 cranksets out of stock. :wacko:

vickster

Legendary Member
UK retailers. :laugh:
The fact is, I find CRC far superior to anything Australia has. As for your emailing suggestion, yes I'll email CRC and Wiggle to ask about stock availability, and ask Wiggle how they can possibly simultaneously have all types of the Ultegra 6750 cranksets out of stock. :wacko:
They don't, only if you select Australia for delivery

OP
OP
Shut Up Legs

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
They don't, only if you select Australia for delivery
Yes, I just tried switching my delivery location to the UK, and noticed that. Thanks for mentioning it. :smile:
I've emailed them about this.

simon.r

Person
You can happily mix and match 105 and Ultegra. I have both chainsets and there is no discernable difference between them (except looks and a few grams).

OP
OP
Shut Up Legs

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
You can happily mix and match 105 and Ultegra. I have both chainsets and there is no discernable difference between them (except looks and a few grams).
I'll be getting the 105 crankset, I think, unless I can find the Ultegra 6750 in my preferred size somewhere else. Wiggle replied to my email, and told me that they considered it "not viable" to ship the Ultegra 6750 cranksets to Australia. :sad: As I said, this is odd, because it must be a fairly commonly-used crankset.

Last edited:
Top Bottom