Ultegra 6800 noisey chain?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
+1, both last posts.

Also check that your rear outer cable isn't stopping your derailleur from naturally moving it position. Mine was holding it off slightly and not allowing the derailleur to get in close enough to the cassette.

Also stripped, cleaned and greased bearings in jockey wheels.

Noise completely gone now. Nowt to do with my chain.

Papertiger

Did you guys, by any chance, solve this problem? I have it, too.
I’ve just spent $50 to get a Dura Ace chain…and it’s no quieter than my Ultegra chain. I’ve done everything but change the crank/chainring.
The hanger is aligned, the derailleurs are properly set up. There is no rubbing on the front derailleur. The bike shifts fine. The chain is new; there is only about 2500 miles on the bike and rear mech. I’ve tried swapping the rear cluster with a new one; makes no difference. I’ve shortened a chain to eliminate the rear derailleur and I still get noise off the front chainring.

could be the chains to short..it'll bow over the top when you pedal and wont lie well..and you'll get noise and a rough feel ..only noticeable on the big ring of course
Well Iv'e Had a similar problem and after adjusting the the rear derailleur then found it was the chain though looking at the previous posts would think that theres many of the points are worth checking

Top Bottom