Ultegra back brake problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
The calliper on the back seems to be sticking and on closer inspection it almost feels loose if that makes sense.The front "arm" seems wobbly.Ive sprayed with gt85 and made sure I tightened the bolt.Ive no washer on fixing bolt,but I guess that wouldn't cause this.Thanks

I'm guessing it's not the direct mount type of calliper, but a centre pivot type. If it is a centre pivot type, there will be a hole in the frame behind the calliper. Put a 6mm Allen key into the hole and tighten the bolt into which the Allen key locates.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Dont know if this helps but I had a similar problem on a new bike where the caliper kept being pulled out of place when braking. It took me ages to find out how to fix it even to the point where my LBS said they dare not tighten the bolt any further....

I was in my 'local' evanscycles one day and i was explaining my problem to one of the guys there and he suggested switching out one of the washers. Low and behold it fixed my problem. The washer it replaced didnt have the small teeth or 'slightly abrasive' (I dunno what you call it) side to grip the frame & caliper so it kept being pulled out of position.

Im not saying that it will help you but its something to consider as I was scratching my head for a very very long time regarding this problem.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
I'm guessing it's not the direct mount type of calliper, but a centre pivot type. If it is a centre pivot type, there will be a hole in the frame behind the calliper. Put a 6mm Allen key into the hole and tighten the bolt into which the Allen key locates.
Yes I've done that,maybe is because I've got no washer on there.Thanks

Top Bottom