Ultegra cassettes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
Will an R8000, the latest ultegra model of cassettes be backwards compatibility with the previous version, 6800?

Heigue'r

Veteran
Do you mean,will it work with a 6800 groupset? then yes.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
If you bought an R8000 rear mech would it be compatible with the previous Ultegra groupset??

Heigue'r

Veteran
I don't see why not,same indexing ie Shimano 11 speed.I think the main change was with the front crankset on r8000,it is slightly different from 6800 and advisable to run the r8000 front mech with the r8000 crankset.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
I don't see why not,same indexing ie Shimano 11 speed.I think the main change was with the front crankset on r8000,it is slightly different from 6800 and advisable to run the r8000 front mech with the r8000 crankset.
My standard mech which came on my TCR is running a 32 cassette. Do you think it would run a 34 with a longer chain? Otherwise there’s the Wolftooth hanger extension.

Heigue'r

Veteran
My standard mech which came on my TCR is running a 32 cassette. Do you think it would run a 34 with a longer chain? Otherwise there’s the Wolftooth hanger extension.
I would not be sure on that.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
All the strong men are wise to spinning to winning now. I’ve ground 25t up steep hills plenty but then the legs fill with lactic acid & burn out sooner all to gain about 3 seconds.

Top Bottom