Ultegra lever wont upshift

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Fingers crossed the left one holds up. Shimano really need to pull their finger out of their arse & get the supply chain moving again!
Its not so much Shimano rather than Brexit which is the cause. But thats another thread.

iluvmybike

Über Member
The cable where it runs inside the shifter will be fraying - sort it now because if it breaks you could have a s*d of a job getting the remnants out. It is best to change cables annually as this is a regular issue - it's do do with the way the cable gets turned around the ratchet

iluvmybike

Über Member
There is curently a world shortage of both bikes and bike parts full-stop - whatever manufacturer - due to the pandemic

OP
OP
newts

newts

Veteran
Frustratingly this part has been available in a few retailers since last September. Shimano credited my lbs months ago for the trade cost of the part, they did nothing to enable re calling a part from another retailer or offer to fund the difference in cost to the retailer. A few weeks back I contacted Specialized to voice my concerns about the delays & to their extreme credit they were very keen for a swift resolution. They contacted lbs & agreed to cover the excess cost over & above the trade price, 2 weeks later the issue is dealt with. Shimano/Madison could have chosen this path to rectify a warranty issue, but wouldn't/couldn't be bothered!

Top Bottom