Ultegra Shifter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PhilA

Im having intermittent problems with the front derailleur shifter on my Lemond road bike. Its a Ultegra brake/shifter unit, and sometimes when I'm shifted into the big ring, it won''t allow me to shift back to the small ring. The lever doesn't catch, just swings all the way to the right. I've been able to get it to engage sometimes by squeezing the brake lever and pushing the inner shift lever, but not always. I tried shooting some silicone lube into the shifter works, but that doesn't seem to have cured it. Anyone had this issue before? Any way to fix it without replacing the whole brake/shifter unit $$$?

D

Deleted member 1258

I had this on my Eastway with Tiagra and ended up replacing it, GT 85 in everywhere I could get it, fettled it to within an inch of its life, changed both inner and outer cable and fettled it again, the only thing I didn't do was strip and rebuild it, I found somewhere on E bay I could buy a single one from and replaced it.

OP
OP
P

PhilA

Thanks Dave. Might have to take it to one of the LBS boys and see what they can do. The FD is working perfectly, cables are good, no hanging up there. Just the lever mechanism. Ultegra 6700 brifters are crazy expensive to replace, sad to say.

Top Bottom