Ultegra triple shifter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
When I'm on the large chain ring the first click on the LH shand shifter doesn't move the front deraillieur but the 2nd takes it to the middle and the 3rd click to the small.
Is this correct? I thought the middle shift was a middle ring trim.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Yep that's OK - it's the trim - on the top ring, the mech can be adjusted past the click position to the mech stop, and then if depressed, the mech will move back to the click's position. You need this trim due to differing chain lines.

girofan

Thanks fossyant! Having just bought a new winter bike with Shimano, (I'm used to Campag), I also was wondering about the trim.

In relation to the Shimano/Campag divide; I have some excellent wheels from Pete Matthews which have Chorus hubs and wished to use them on this Shimano geared bike. With a spacer kit supplied by Highpath Engineering of Newtown you can convert a Chorus hub with Campag sprockets so that it operates smoothly with Shimano gears.
Highpath also give a selection of packing spacers, as Campag clusters are wider than Shimano. This is not a puff-piece for Highpath, but their help is second to none!

Top Bottom