uLTIMATE bIKE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

So you've boundaries to money:

Whats your ultimate set-up :biggrin:

If you already have it...

Tell all....:biggrin:

Night Train

Maker of Things
An Aerorider with a matching trailer.

Trillian

I absolutely love my 60's carlton, just wish it was in its proper colours and didn't have a hodge podge of parts on it (shimarno deore rear deraliour) but other than that i'm loving it

i'd love a blade SX with Z1 forks, ex721's on DMR revolver hubs, race face front set up, sram rear set up and gears, hope disk brakes.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I would have the TCR C3 frame, then put on maybe Campag or high-end Shimano components on it, with maybe some Zipp carbon wheels on. (Saw some of the Zipp wheels today at LBS and they looked nice and were really really light)
Other then that, i wouldnt mind a Giant Bowery with some better wheels and a fixed/fixed on the back. Going to give one a test soon, but it will be on single speed not fixed :biggrin:
Wouldnt mind an old frame like a Carlton( I live in Carlton :biggrin: ) and fix that up nice.

red_tom

I'd love a Pegoretti. They just look beautiful. That's a steel frame as well. (You need to see the full size version really)

MARCELO02_jpg.jpg

Andy in Sig said:
I'd like a Rohloff and Schlumpf equipped carbon trike.

You are a bad man.

One bike is never enough, I need a Windcheetah with fairing, a proper track bike with Campag, a Mercian tourer w. Suntour XC Pro/Superbe mix, a Ti Brompton and a Storck with Posh all over it. When I built my mountain bike I was trying to build my ultimate XC, and got pretty close. Before I replaced the Pace carbon forks with Rockshox it was sub 18lbs. Since I built it Scott have released their super light carbon frames and that's what I would have started with if I were building it today.

Rocky Mountain Vertex Team Scandium hardtail. 19.5", 2.9lbs.
Mavic CrossMax ceramic wheel set.
White RockShox SID World Cup Black Box w. carbon crown and steerer.
Easton carbon bars and post and FSA stem.
White RaceFace (square taper) Turbine cranks on RaceFace Ti BB.
GoldTech Ti rings w. Ti nitride, 40t, 30t.
SRAM 9spd cassette, SRAM 10spd hollow pin chain.
SRAM X.0 rear mech, Sachs Quartz front mech, White SRAM 9.0sl shifters.
Avid Ultimate brakes, Avid Supreme levers.
White Selle Italia Gen Gel, Ti rail.
Expedo Ti pedals.
SRP gold anodised alu bolts or Pace Ti bolts throughout.
White Federal grips.
Tioga Red Pheonix 1.8 SL tyres with Stan's No-Tubes.

Top Bottom