Ultra Gator Skins v 4 Seasons

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
I have been using gator skins year round for commuting for the last couple of years, they're great...

515mm

bianco said:
I find conti tyres a complete pain to put on. I went out for a ride with someone using mich pro race tyres and they were the easiest tyres to change ever!

Arse arse arse.

just bought gatorskins.

spotty klingon infested arse, they were sodding hard work to get on in all.

and one of my mates uses pro races, ffs.

Tetedelacourse

Hope they do you a service HlaB. I ran them for most of last year without too many problems. Changed them for Gatorskins as that's what LBS had in stock, and they're fine too. I don't think either will be the fastest tyres around but that's not what you're looking for in a commuter really anyway.

Finally looks as if the biblical weather has broken.

llllllll

I put a Gator Skin on about 3 weeks ago (give or take 250miles), just got to work this morning and noticed a 1/2 inch gash going across the tread. Hasn't punctured yet, but I'm not impressed.

gbb

Legendary Member
llllllll said:
I put a Gator Skin on about 3 weeks ago (give or take 250miles), just got to work this morning and noticed a 1/2 inch gash going across the tread. Hasn't punctured yet, but I'm not impressed.

Hmmm, same happened to me, but within a week. Its just bad luck of course. On the bright side, mine..

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r269/gbb_photo/DSC01800.jpg

is still going well. No further damage or weakness at that point...ive rode it like that for nearly a year later and many hundreds of miles...although i do check it regularly.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
well i just bought marthon pluses to stick on my fixed wheel bike and reckon I might need to take a couple of days of to get them on as they are a biatch. :tongue: I just can`t see how they can fit on, they don`t even want to pushed down onto the rim??

alfablue

gbb said:
Hmmm, same happened to me, but within a week. Its just bad luck of course. On the bright side, mine..

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r269/gbb_photo/DSC01800.jpg

is still going well. No further damage or weakness at that point...ive rode it like that for nearly a year later and many hundreds of miles...although i do check it regularly.
These stories with Gatorskins and some other Conti's are not uncommon, I think the rubber compound is too flimsy. (My sport contacts punctured repeatedly despite the no puncture guarantee). I went from dome worn out Spesh All Conditions pro's to the Conti's, and straight back to a new pair after 4 months of hassle with the conti's. Never had a puncture in the All Conditions Pro's.

Top Bottom