Ultrafire Cree XM-L Cree T6 LED light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Arjimlad

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
The batteries are 18650 rechargeables. Not your average AA or AAAs.

OP
OP
Arjimlad

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
lights 011 [640x480].JPG

Another image taken yesterday - this light is a very useful piece of kit.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
got two of these albeit the 502b model, seems plenty bright although I do not have a set of fully charged batteries so cannot tell if what I am seeing is full brightness. Either way seem fine to me, spotty for sure but ideal for road use. I quite like the SOS mode on mine, slow flash followed by quick flashing, ideal for traffic duties whilst in town. £20 for the pair is a bargain I think, Hope Vision is a fortune in comparison!

The Jogger

Legendary Member
got two of these albeit the 502b model, seems plenty bright although I do not have a set of fully charged batteries so cannot tell if what I am seeing is full brightness. Either way seem fine to me, spotty for sure but ideal for road use. I quite like the SOS mode on mine, slow flash followed by quick flashing, ideal for traffic duties whilst in town. £20 for the pair is a bargain I think, Hope Vision is a fortune in comparison!

Yes and a rip off.

Svendo

Guru
Personally i wouldn't use the sos mode on the bike, the dark pause is too long, and it's irregularity is too distracting. You want a driver to have their attention grabbed and to then think bicycle, not w.t.f. is that distracting and (possibly) dazzlingly me, and where's it gone now...oh bloody hell that's annoying...bang...oh it was a bicycle. Just my personal opinion based on when I've seen irregular strobes used at night when I've been driving. Thinking about it you want the light to flash on-off-on within the 'glance time' of a driver as their eyes scan about. FWIW it's also not legal if attached to the bike, has to be regular and 1-4Hz.
Also the Hope is several times more expensive, but you'll be getting a much better build quality, battery life (even vs. 18650) and it's from Barnoldswick. I use one of each, a zoomable T6 torch and a Hope vision 1.

Col5632

Guru
Personally i wouldn't use the sos mode on the bike, the dark pause is too long, and it's irregularity is too distracting. You want a driver to have their attention grabbed and to then think bicycle, not w.t.f. is that distracting and (possibly) dazzlingly me, and where's it gone now...oh bloody hell that's annoying...bang...oh it was a bicycle.

I have no idea why but this^^^^ made me chuckle. Waiting for a similar light coming from Hong Kong, hoping its better quality than the last light i got from hong kong. Bought the Smart 35 recently and its a good light and lights up my way on an unlit path just not enough to go above 12-15mph with.

Svendo

Guru
While I'm about it, be aware that the 501/502 type torches DON'T have a reversible middle section. If you do reverse it because the threads are different depths you'll flatten some of them when you screw it tight. This can be fixed with some filing and gouging, of the sort that involves slipping and cutting your hand. You can guess how I know this!

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Personally i wouldn't use the sos mode on the bike, the dark pause is too long, and it's irregularity is too distracting. You want a driver to have their attention grabbed and to then think bicycle, not w.t.f. is that distracting and (possibly) dazzlingly me, and where's it gone now...oh bloody hell that's annoying...bang...oh it was a bicycle. Just my personal opinion based on when I've seen irregular strobes used at night when I've been driving. Thinking about it you want the light to flash on-off-on within the 'glance time' of a driver as their eyes scan about. FWIW it's also not legal if attached to the bike, has to be regular and 1-4Hz.
Also the Hope is several times more expensive, but you'll be getting a much better build quality, battery life (even vs. 18650) and it's from Barnoldswick. I use one of each, a zoomable T6 torch and a Hope vision 1.

Remember I run with two torches, one on full and only when in town switch one to SoS, which I think works quite well. Of course as these are uber bright I point it down to the ground rather than face on. Got flashed at before with the MS clone I ran last winter, by an irate driver as it was very bright. Anyway hoping my battery charger has turned up today, not been running on full charged batteries so interested to see what the difference is on brightness.

Svendo

Guru
Remember I run with two torches, one on full and only when in town switch one to SoS, which I think works quite well.
Ah, I should have reread earlier posts, apologies. I still think its worth making the point for general consumption as I often see riders using what I think are less than ideal settings especially if it's a single light in an unlit area.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Anyway no worries, charger still not turned up from Ebay, suspect the item I have ordered was not here in the Uk but in China, disappointed with that as if I wanted it from china I would of went to DX direct!!

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Yes it was from the UK anyway eventually got a message back from the seller, when I ordered it was out of stock apparently??!! Anyway as suspected restocked from China,restock came in 3 days ago but my item was despatched yesterday apparently, Ebay said it was despatched 3 days ago?? Confused much ? :wacko: If it comes today tomorrow fine, batteries need charged now used all my spare up :laugh:, might have to stick my old light back on! My item was meant to arrive between 9-13 Nov, my other purchases were no bother and yes they all were originally from China as well but shipped from here?

Col5632

Guru
Yes it was from the UK anyway eventually got a message back from the seller, when I ordered it was out of stock apparently??!! Anyway as suspected restocked from China,restock came in 3 days ago but my item was despatched yesterday apparently, Ebay said it was despatched 3 days ago?? Confused much ? :wacko: If it comes today tomorrow fine, batteries need charged now used all my spare up :laugh:, might have to stick my old light back on! My item was meant to arrive between 9-13 Nov, my other purchases were no bother and yes they all were originally from China as well but shipped from here?

Its bad that they have said its been dispatched when it hasnt really, 1 week since i ordered mine from Hong Kong, hopefully come next week, impressed with my smart light though, will be kept as a backup :smile:

Top Bottom