Unable to reply on a thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
Were you using a mobile phone or iPad/tablet? This sometimes happens when I'm on 3G on my iPhone.

I can't see any errors in the logs to indicate an internal error when you've tried to post and can't explain why it was just that one thread. Have you tried again? Maybe from a difference device/computer?

The only other thing I can think of is to logout (to reset your login cookie) and a forced browser refresh on the thread itself (CTRL+F5) to reload it into your browser cache to see if it will work after that?

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

OP
OP
benb

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Hi

Just on a normal PC in Chrome. I've logged out, forced refresh, logged back in again, and the same problem.
It is only on that thread, which is the most puzzling thing.

I have just managed to successfully post from the same PC in Internet Explorer rather than Chrome, so my feeling is that it's a Chrome extension causing the problem. Maybe adblock or something is being triggered by a specific keyword in the thread?

ohnovino

Large Member
Are you using Chrome? If so, which extensions do you have?
Firefox with all sorts of extensions running. I disabled them all and that didn't solve the problem. Then I tried IE (which I never normally use so it has no extensions at all) and that didn't help. I could only post there by using a different machine.

OP
OP
benb

benb

Evidence based cyclist
For me at least, it's certainly Adblock that's causing the problem. I just disabled it, and was able to post successfully from Chrome. And I can post from the same PC with IE, so it looks like we have related issues but with slightly different causes.

OP
OP
benb

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Where do I find Adblock to disable it ?

Chrome
Win 7

I want to post properly again !

Chrome, click the spanner on the top right, and choose tools > extensions
If you have adblock installed, it will be there, and you can disable it with the tick. I have only had this problem on the one thread, so I'm keeping mine enabled unless I want to post on it, as it's really useful for de-crapifying all the ad strewn sites on the net.

Top Bottom