Unbeleivable Addison Lee

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

doug

Veteran
I know, "picture or it didn't happen", but I don't have a helmet-cam so yo will have to trust me on this.

Approaching a pinch-point, I shoulder-check and spot the looming presence of the dreaded black MPV, and I though "he's going to try a squeeze overtake just as the road narrows", but oh no, you'll never guess what he does next....

... he slows down and waits, and then overtakes after the pinch-point giving me plenty of space, I nearly fell of my bike in disbelief when I saw the Addison Lee logo on the back ^_^

Not only that he then went and let a white van in when approaching a lane closure, and to top it off let a bus pull out of a bus stop - maybe he hasn't had the corporate training yet ?

BSRU

A Human Being
maybe he hasn't had the corporate brainwashing yet ?
FTFY

I have seen two Addison Lee vehicles today, and both were not breaking the law. One was sat in queueing traffic, mind, but he wasn't on his mobile phone!

Besides those two, I have only seen two AL vehicles since the recent controversy not breaking the law. All the others were at the time I saw them.

trsleigh

If I may quote from my contribution to a thread a month ago..........

Not a WVM but a black Addison Lee van. Yesterday I was in right hand lane of 3 lanes, the correct lane for my intended route, matching traffic flow speed approaching a 3 way junction when the AL driver in the lane to the left of me asked if I needed to cut across into his lane ready for the approaching junction. Crikey, what's the world coming to, almost fell off in surprise, but manged to thank him for the thought.

i think there might be.
Hmmm - from a week ago

Looks like John Griffin may actually be prepared to show some consideration for cyclists' safety?

But that's not a charm offensive - it's simple and plain offensive. He could have sent the same memos years ago, and built that culture into his firm from the beginning - not just when he's feeling some personal/commercial embarrassment. :whistle:

OP
OP
doug

doug

Veteran
Well my faith in humanity was restored tonight, after 3months of no problems I had to slam on my brakes to narrowly avoid a "left hook" by an Addison Lee transit van.:cursing:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Well my faith in humanity was restored tonight, after 3months of no problems I had to slam on my brakes to narrowly avoid a "left hook" by an Addison Lee transit van.:cursing:

Bad Karma is restored

Top Bottom