Unbelievably Daft, Exaggerated or Plain Silly News Stories

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ignoring the silly home ruling, does that mean a German employer is responsible for the safety of employees on their commute to work.
That seems a very onerous responsibility.

That's not quite it; the argument is between the employee and the insurance, not the employer. We have mandatory health insurance here, but when you are at work, you are covered by a more comprehensive insurance from your employer; each industry sector has an insurer. The difference is summed up as the mandatory health insurance is like the UK's National Insurance: it has a fixed budget. The "work" insurance is a bit like having private insurance, and like private insurance they'll try and get out of paying if they can.

The "work" insurance also covers commuting from the front door to work, but only for the basic journey. For example, if I ride from home to work and stop off to go shopping, or make a detour, my work insurance isn't valid for that part of the journey, so any accidents are covered by the mandatory insurance.

The claim from the work insurance in this case was that in the same way someone going from bed to desk on the first journey is covered but if they then go back upstairs it's a private journey and should be covered by the basic insurance.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Love this quote in the article

“Jamie Scott wrote: “This has got to be a joke. Are you seriously trying to convince people that golfers who are capable of walking 3.5 miles around the Kingsknowe Course with their ‘equipment’ are suddenly incapable of walking an extra couple of hundred yards from the nearest parking space to the club?””

as Jamie says, a definite "hole in one's logic" on behalf of the club petition there...:okay:

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Our local rag, The Bristol Post, occasionally has daft stories from folk who really shouldn't look up at the sky. Planes with vapour trails mysteriously become 'UFO's' or 'comets'. Bright lights in the night (Venus etc) are also aliens from other worlds who mysteriously only ever appear to people after 11pm on their way home from the pub in remote rural areas (eg Somerset). These stories are often accompanied by wobbly, out of focus '4K HD' Iphone footage.

I always suggest the start educating themselves with the Ladybird book of 'The Night Sky' as a suitable starting point, maybe graduating onto watching The Sky at Night.....

I gave birth to my rag doll husband’s baby – I gained weight and there were contractions

Marcelo is the rag doll Meirivone's mum made after the 37-year-old moaned about being about single last year.

Speaking to NeedtoKnow, Meirivone, from Brazil, explained: "When my mum made Marcelo and first introduced me to him, I fell in love with him.

A few months into their relationship, Meirivone says she fell "pregnant".

"Marcelo got me pregnant," she said. "He didn’t take care of himself, and he didn’t use a condom."

And because she didn't want to have a baby out of wedlock, the mum-to-be decided that they should get married.

[IMG]

[IMG]

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/18955427/mum-birth-rag-doll-husband-baby-weight-gain-contractions/

DRM

Guru
I gave birth to my rag doll husband’s baby – I gained weight and there were contractions

Marcelo is the rag doll Meirivone's mum made after the 37-year-old moaned about being about single last year.

Speaking to NeedtoKnow, Meirivone, from Brazil, explained: "When my mum made Marcelo and first introduced me to him, I fell in love with him.

"Marcelo got me pregnant," she said. "He didn’t take care of himself, and he didn’t use a condom."

And because she didn't want to have a baby out of wedlock, the mum-to-be decided that they should get married.

[IMG]

[IMG]

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/18955427/mum-birth-rag-doll-husband-baby-weight-gain-contractions/

And she wonders why she’s been single for so long!

Beebo

Firm and Fruity

[IMG]

[IMG]

It would have been great if the baby had his dad’s moustache!

stephec

Legendary Member
Can you imagine the scandal if turns out that their milkman's a rag doll?

Top Bottom