Uncle James's new Aravis Super Tourer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Aravis, that's another I didn't know about. Looks good. What's happened to the Trice then?

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Trice is currently being borrowed by Ianrauk but I'm fetching it back in a couple of weeks and then it will be sold. James isn't really a triker at heart, it seems. So if anyone is interested...

Greenbank

Über Member
Gah, sorry I didn't reply to your PM about the Aravis but looks like you made the right decision, they're lovely bikes. Byercycles are good too.

Domestique

Über Member
How are you getting on with this bike?
I was going to buy a frame and build up from there, but I am now seriously considering a complete bike with the Sora STI running gear

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
He's getting on with it very well and is most pleased with it. He's still tweaking the handlebars a bit and will probably get a Brooks saddle in due course but the rest of the bike is fine. The hub dynamo is brill - he has fitted a Busch & Müller light as they weren't something Byercycles stocked themselves.

If you ever come out on one of Wowbagger's rides you should be able to have a go of James's Aravis - we'll be on the WARTY at the end of January, for example.

Domestique

Über Member
Thanks for the offer but looking at the frame I am certain it will be too big for me, where I to ever make it out on a Warty.
I am going up to Byers this weekend, 9th. Was going to go before xmass, then it snowed, was going to go New Year weekend but knocked off bike on the 30/12 and just didnt feel up to it.
Did you have the dyno-wheel built as an extra or replacement for the front wheel?

Top Bottom