Uncomfortable admission...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What I find great is even if Wiggins has some major mishap Froome is still well placed to win. Really looking forward to todays stage!

Globalti

Legendary Member
What I find impressive is the discipline of the Sky team. In this morning's bog-reading session I stumbled across a quote from Dave Brailsford in a 2011 cycling magazine that went something like: "There is no room for personalities in our cycle team".

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I enjoyed the OP, but the French haven't had a Tour winner for more than 25 years... it hasn't been a French preserve for a long time.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I'm hating this year yet loving it too. I'm desperate for Wiggo (or Froome) to win but I'm finding the tension so unbearable I just can't watch the mountain stages live.

It wasn't so bad when Roche won in '87, all you had were Channel 4 highlights and Teletext.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Ah, I remember the theme music... still sends shivers down my spine.
I'd forgotten that, classy.

One thing I remember from '87 was that the now infamous Richard Keys was the studio anchor man. He spoilt a potentially good interview with Barry Hoban by not having enough knowledge to ask to right questions.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
that is too horrible a thought.........

Especially in this year when a certain other sporting event is about to take place.

The great unwashed masses and the BBC would have been rendered well and truly emotionally incontinent for sure!

But Lance Arm... oh, sorry, he doesn't count because he's obviously a Vulcan. As you were...

Lance came from somewhere far away and more importantly, hot. 'Nuff said.

VamP

Banned
I enjoyed the OP, but the French haven't had a Tour winner for more than 25 years... it hasn't been a French preserve for a long time.

My god, has it really been a quarter of a century since the Hinault v. LeMond battles :eek: Where does all the time go?

*shuffles off muttering to himself*

asterix

Comrade Member
It's all right.

Wiggo is not completely British - he was born in Belgium and dad was an Australian pro cyclist. He also speaks fluent French which is not at all British.

Chris Froome OTOH is ..

..oh hang on, he was born in Kenya and raised in South Africa!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
It's all right.

Wiggo is not completely British - he was born in Belgium and dad was an Australian pro cyclist. He also speaks fluent French which is not at all British.

Chris Froome OTOH is ..

..oh hang on, he was born in Kenya and raised in South Africa!

There you go, they are only wannabe Brits!

Top Bottom