Uncomfortable

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
All settled down now.;)

The pads are now comfortable, it was my my ignorance, I've now got straight arms/wrists and they are very comfortable. I still think the short bar ends are not much cop, changing to them makes minimal difference, I like to stretch out now and again, they'll be replaced with longer ones.

Clips, I am used to them, still a little nervous coming to stationary when I don't want to put my feet down but the increased performance benefits more than make up for that.

I got togged up and had a nice ride out today, I was still befuddled from all the alcohol I had last night and forgot to put a hat on.:biggrin: It was very cold today and my ears hurt....a lot.....I also felt sick, my legs were like jelly and I thouroughly enjoyed myself.:smile:

yenrod

I could tell you an interesting story about leaning on a car...

MarkF said:
I have just bought one of these (Dawes 501) and I am bleedin uncomfortable.:smile:
discovery_501_07_640x0_474x0.jpg

I don't know what you call the enlarged hand grips that you can rest your palm on but they seemed a good idea to me, likewise intergrated bar ends. But I've just got back from my first long (for me) ride, 30 miles, and my hands are killing me, I find them really uncomfortable.

I thought I'd be able to shift positions, grip and rest but I can only rest my palms on them, which after a while drives me bonklers. Anybody else used and eventually found these things comfortable?

Shifting to the bar ends is not much beter, what use are 2" bar ends? They slip nicely into and irritate the bit of my palm already on fire from the grips.;) My last bike, 301, had 99p bar ends that I could use all day! Second question, are longer, screw in, as oppose to screw on, bar ends available?

The bike? Great, much smoother and faster and I am amazed at what the difference a couple of hundred quid makes over my previous bikes.:biggrin:

Nearly forgot, my first bike with pedal cages and what a difference that made on the hills but what do you do at traffic lights? I find myself struggling to get my last foot into the cages when setting off and I got told to fcuk off when resting on a car which seemed the most sensible thing to do.:biggrin:

Top Bottom