Undateables Channel 4

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Anyone seen it?

My daughter insisted I give it a go and I'm really glad I did.

I was expecting am exploitative, cheap shot at the modern day self satisfying freak show but am captivated by the straight up, matter of fact, zero pity production.

Totally smitten with Christine and found myself shouting "go on girl" as she went for her first kiss. Was also struck at how when Richard was blown out of his first date, his aspergers so clearly restricted him from being able to express the utter heartbreak he naturally felt and so all he could do was offer to put the kettle on. Glad he scored in the end too.

I don't know if every episode is this engaging but so,far I'd say I'm a fan.

Last edited:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I saw one from a previous series. One of the people was a good looking young man with Tourettes. He did meet a girl and even though the first date went horribly for him, she did agree to see him again and they became good friends as opposed to starting a romantic relationship. I think that the other person in that episode was a nice young man who was seriously OCD and had other issues too, going on a date or two. He was not so fortunate with his outcome though.

It was really interesting. I too was expecting some sort of freak show but thought that the subject was dealt with sympathetically and really showed the people's good points as well as the difficulties they experienced. It was clear that their friends held great affection for them too.

jack smith

Veteran
I love it i think its a really good show although nothing about any of the, is undateable just goes to show there are many out there who dont care for visual/mental flaws

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Further to my post about the young man with Tourettes, a friend pointed me at this.
Sorry about the DM link. Nice happy ending though.

Top Bottom