Undecided - Hybrid for mainly road riding £350 - £450 - any advice welcome, thanks!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Still undecided on hybrid, not many good retailers around where I live,prefer to buy online, interest free, looking for hybrid to commute to work plus maybe going on country bike rides with friends 40 + miles, but mainly road riding! Price range 350-450! I'm 5 10 would medium or large frame be better!
Any advice welcome thanks!

vickster

Legendary Member
Still undecided on hybrid, not many good retailers around where I live,prefer to buy online, interest free, looking for hybrid to commute to work plus maybe going on country bike rides with friends 40 + miles, but mainly road riding! Price range 350-450! I'm 5 10 would medium or large frame be better!
Any advice welcome thanks!

Size required depends on the bike. This is the key risk of buying online :smile:

Which retailers/brands are you looking at? For your needs and budget, get a bike with a rigid fork (preferably carbon, but maybe tough on your budget), not suspension

Can you get to Decathlon, they do decent flatbar 'road bikes'

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/triban-520-flat-bar-road-bike-sora-id_8322799.html

Reactions: mjr

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
We've got a Giant Escape (2017) that's a medium frame, my wife and I both ride it... I'm 6 ft and my wife is 5ft 10. Giant frames tend to be pretty large.
The Escape is a fairly quick and fun bike, I'd recommend it.

Top Bottom