Unexpectedly feeling great!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi Guys,

As some of you know I had a pretty tough 64.69km/500ishm of ascent ride on Thursday in really strong winds (35mph constant with gusts to 55) which made it really tough. Anyway, I was fairly spent and achy yesterday but got up today decided I'd try to get out riding to do a short 40km/300ishm of ascent route; unexpectedly felt as good as new and averaged my usual pace!

Great feeling, especially when it's so unexpected! Now for a beer and the England game...dream!

Isn't the body a strange machine eh?

C

Globalti

Legendary Member
Good, innit? Stress it and it reacts. By contrast try lying in a hospital bed for a week and see how quickly the muscles atrophy.

BTW, where do you live in north Wales that you only do 300m of climbing in 40kms?

OP
OP
C

Chescadence

Good, innit? Stress it and it reacts. By contrast try lying in a hospital bed for a week and see how quickly the muscles atrophy.

BTW, where do you live in north Wales that you only do 300m of climbing in 40kms?

Anglesey- it's nice really; the island gives options of some flattish routes: Several of my 100km plus rides have only 1000/1200m of ascent..sometimes less. Then for some more climbingy days snowdonia is on my door step...

C

OP
OP
C

Chescadence

Thanks Joe!

Yeah, I'm really pleased; there's a definite marked improvement in my recovery times before and after winter training. However, I realize to some that it's not much- plenty of guys could ride day after day but we're each at our own levels.

Hope you manage/managed to get out this weekend!
C

Top Bottom