1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unibet stops at the end of the season

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by chris42, 15 Aug 2007.

1. chris42

chris42 New Member

Unibet will stop its sponsorship for the cycling team, according to hln. The contract was supposed to run for another year. This was almost expected, as the exclusion of the team of the Vuelta a España, which was announced yesterday, meant that the ProTour team did not participate in any of the three Grand Tours, which was really guaranteed by its UCI status.

2. fuzzy29

fuzzy29 New Member

I hope that they have another sponsor lined up. If not, that means that two Brits have lost their teams this week.

3. OP
    OP
    chris42

chris42 New Member

That I bet is unlikley

4. gkerr4

gkerr4 New Member

i think the treatment unibet have had this year is outrageous and it was a foregone conclusion that they would pull out.

You didn;'t see it happen to francais des jeux did you...

5. yenrod

yenrod Guest

I feel sorry for pro cycling yet the riders are un-doing it by there own actions...

6. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

In the case of Unibet it is the fight they have had to be accepted within the Tours that has caused the situation. Another victory for ASO the oh so caring leaders of cycling!!!!