Unicycle Training

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

So I had a mad moment on FB the other day & bought a brand new unicycle, went to try my first attempt today only to find it already had a puncture :laugh::laugh::laugh:

IMG_20221030_112327_293.jpg

I did wonder why it came with a spare innertube , anyone got any tips on how to start?, other than carefully

I did wonder why it came with a spare innertube , anyone got any tips on how to start?

Probably take the wheel off. Then you might need tyre-levers, but worth trying without, first, if you don't have any handy 👍

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I would rig up a rope/cable parallel to the ground and then attach a sliding sling to it that fixes to something like a climbing harness. That way you can practice riding knowing that you are never going to fall to the ground. Wobbling will be a problem. In no time, you'll be like these guys.....

[media]

]View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMVYixKzQSs[/media]

BTW, maximum respect!

classic33

Leg End Member
I would rig up a rope/cable parallel to the ground and then attach a sliding sling to it that fixes to something like a climbing harness*. That way you can practice riding knowing that you are never going to fall to the ground. Wobbling will be a problem. In no time, you'll be like these guys.....

[media]

]View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMVYixKzQSs[/media]

BTW, maximum respect!

*Chest harness or fall arrest harness. Climbing harness could have the heavier end getting nearer the ground first

classic33

Leg End Member
Even the pedals ;)

I guess if you can ride no handed on a bike, a unicycle should be easy? :wacko:
You've only the one contact point with the ground, which shifts your centre of gravity. Compared to sitting between the two on a bike.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Took the tube out today to find it's not a puncture as such it's a manufacturing fault the leak is on the join of the 2 halves where it's been moulded, can't find any patches, so no worries I'll use the 2nd tube that was in the bag only to find it looks like a mouse has had some of it for dinner :laugh:

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Need a seat post clamp can't get it tight enough been off colour for the last couple of weeks so not had chance to sort one yet

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Not seen this thread before, I need an update!

I'm very interested as I have excellent bike balance, can trackstand forever, but despite repeated attempts and much browsing of the internet and youtube I cannot perfect the wheelie (a similar skill IMO?). Is riding a unicycle that much different?

Top Bottom