Unicycling, a pain in the ankles...?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Twiggy

Yesterday I rode over to see a friend, and stopped into lidl for some snacks before "Doc whuh"
In the magically cool store on the blisteringly hot afternoon I saw something wonderful. A unicycle, a cheap unicycle.

Today I snapped it up, and promptly inflated the tyres, attached the saddle, and started trying to work out how to ride it.

This evening (morning technically I guess) my ankles are rather sore, I only bought my sandals with me, and they do nothing to protect me from hitting the cranks.

I think I'm pulling my legs together as a reaction to losing balance to the sides, and not because of my poor technique.

Am I doing something horribly horribly wrong, or is unicycling just that evil to my poor poorly ankles?

urbanfatboy

Über Member
It will hurt your ankles, if only because there is a tendency to try to grip the unicycle with your feet as you fall

OP
OP
Twiggy

Twiggy

awesome, I've just about gotten over smashing my ankles, but I'm at the stage of ballancing just enough to ride a little, but not quite good enough to stay upright very long.

Somehow I've forgotten how to fall off, and have been tipping over, unicycle betwix my legs still,

Top Bottom