Unidentified steel frame

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Judging by the lugs *the frame* isn't modern (or if it is, then it made to look retro), unfortunately, I don't know anything about the distinctive grooves on the tubing.

It might be better to post in the Vintage section, someone will be bound to know there!

EDIT: Posted already.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Very interesting. I couldn't tell you what it is as I've never seen anything like it before but it is a quality bike. It's been resprayed and it looks like a good job. I can see it fetching a good price.

Olmo?

My guess is based purely on a quick Google search of, 'road bike frame fluted tubing' and THIS thread from Retrobike.

That's a lovely bike!
Isn't it just. If you get the bike what are your plans for it?

Personally I'd leave it as is but maybe add some decals to it. IMO you could get away with putting Olmo decals on it if you wanted to break up the white a bit.

H.LLOYD make excellent quality reproduction decals, you could drop them a line to see if they could help.

A lot of older frames will lend themselves to being made into reproductions of loads of different bikes, but the fluted tubing on this does limit you, but if I couldn't definitively prove what the frame was I think I'd be tempted to Olmoise it myself :becool:

OP
OP
joshuabalmer

joshuabalmer

Regular
I'd go the olmo route more than likely. I'd swap out the derailleur, seatpost, stem, seat. I'm debating whether it's a bit too small for me though. I'm 6ft. Decisions, decisions.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I'd say that at 58cm it would be just about perfect for you. I'm a little taller than you and find that size comfortable, although I can ride larger. Beautiful bike.

Top Bottom