Uninsured car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I had an incident with a car today. The incident was not the worst, but bad enough. (I will post it later). However, I have some suspicion that the vehicle in question was not taxed and possibly not insured. Is there any way that I can legally find this out? Can I ask the police to investigate this?

The incident was not serious enough to report it directly, but I feel that even if I suspect that the car was not insured then I have a duty to report it.

domtyler

Über Member
Vigilante!

LLB

Vexatious or genuinely concerned ? Either way, the MIB cover uninsured losses against these drivers.

Speak to the police if you want to make something of it !

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
magnatom said:
I had an incident with a car today. The incident was not the worst, but bad enough. (I will post it later). However, I have some suspicion that the vehicle in question was not taxed and possibly not insured. Is there any way that I can legally find this out? Can I ask the police to investigate this?

The incident was not serious enough to report it directly, but I feel that even if I suspect that the car was not insured then I have a duty to report it.

Do you have it on video?

you know you can get helmet cameras now for as little as........;):biggrin:

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
linfordlunchbox said:
Speak to the police if you want to make something of it !

2nded - apparantly in your area they'd like you to contact them in the 1st instance, rather than taking the law into your own hands. ;)

:smile: :wacko:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Obviously I have no intention of taking the law into my own hands.

It's just that I have a suspicion (fairly strong I might add). However, what would the police say if I said I had a suspicion and left it at that.

If it turned out to be correct, I have video footage of the car being driven (dangerously) proving that the car was on the road uninsured.

I suppose because I am saying I have a suspicion about this that there would be a problem posting the registration number?

OP
OP
M

magnatom

domd1979 said:

Hmmm. Just had a look. It would apparently be illegal for me to check on that site because I don't own and drive the car. Probably best to contact the police I suppose.

domd1979

Veteran
It only says its an offence to wrongfully obtain information without "reasonable cause". You could argue dangerous driving is "reasonable cause" to have a look...

magnatom said:
Hmmm. Just had a look. It would apparently be illegal for me to check on that site because I don't own and drive the car. Probably best to contact the police I suppose.

LLB

domtyler said:
Magnatom, your future ::::::::>> HERE

Or here :biggrin:

keaton-behind-bars-variety.jpg

Top Bottom