Unitized royal Enfield

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lukAs98

About 5 months ago I posted on here with regards to a frame I found. Since I discovered it's a royal Enfield lugless unitized. There is little information about this series of bike so I don't know exactly what model it is. However I have found out that they are exceptionally rare- I couldn't even find out what one was supposed to look like originally. Due to this I decided to do it up to my own style. This is how it turned out(before and after photos), I'm really happy with the results

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 98
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
http://www.classiclightweights.co.uk/index.html has some detail.

They knew you were going to be posting though. Note the times
Unitized royal Enfield | CycleChat Cycling Forum
www.cyclechat.net › Bike Forums › Classic and Vintage
18 hours ago - 1 post - ‎1 author
About 5 months ago I posted on here with regards to a frame I found. Since I discovered it's a royal Enfield lugless unitized.

OP
OP
lukAs98

lukAs98

I did the paint myself. It's been great weather so the aerosol paint job actually turned out really good! First thing I had to do though was weld up the holes in the top tune someone had drilled. After that I handcrafted the little square mudguard clips on the forks and welded them on because the previous owner had grinded them off. The headset clamp someone had welded a hanger so it could run them 80s centre pull brakes. So I grinded that off and had to smooth that over. Really, with this restoration most of my time was taken fixing moderfications someone else had done previously. As for all the parts used I tried to source period parts . Even though I don't know what it was supposed to look like I still wanted it to look period. I decided to do it in a clubman style so I ended up using quite a few lenton parts. Most of which luckily I already had @Drago

Top Bottom