Unprepared cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
[QUOTE 1943752, member: 1314"]wimp! get some grease and muck under your nails! (Where's the hard-man smiley?)[/quote]
No Swarfega at work and I need clean, clean hands or else when I'm there. Don't mind getting them mucky at other times but its just a habit I can't seem to break now. Anyway, they cost me nowt and weigh feck all so if I want to be a girl I will!
:boxing:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I carry a pump and a repair kit normally (but not always the lever's or the special key to remove the wheel:blush: ) - however whilst I have lent out bits I've yet to fix my bike on the side of the road, and instead normally walk home - mainly because it is probably as quick for me to do it at home with proper tools (and a cup of coffee) than to fix it on the side of the road. However the commute is getting longer and I may have to change my mindset!

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
waiting for 6 cyclists to go by would have taken an hour or two on my route- def worth making sure you can DIY.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
waiting for 6 cyclists to go by would have taken an hour or two on my route- def worth making sure you can DIY.
I had a flat tyre the other week. by the time I had pulled up to the pavement, dismounted my bike and had a look, 20 cyclists had passed me.

Berties

Fast and careful!
Carry tubes,scabs,multi tool, pumps etc all the time ,if not for me or to help a fellow pedlar,Im happy to help others,as in today's ride section what goes around comes around,

snorri

Legendary Member
You probably won't believe this,
I do Uncle Mort, I do believe you.
If my experience is the norm, Dutch cyclists rely on the fact that foreign tourists will always carry a pump. I twice loaned my pump to locals in distress when touring in the Netherlands last month.^_^

Simba

Specialized Allez 24 Rider
I had a puncture on the commute home. It was on a long forest path which sees quite a lot of commuting cyclist traffic. But it was no problem, as a Serious Cyclist, I of course had a couple of spare tubes and the correct tools in the pannier and was able to whip off the tyre, change the tube and reseat the tyre in no time.

But this is classic. You probably won't believe this, but I had to flag down SIX cyclists before I got one who had a pump so I could get the tyre reinflated and be off again. Idiots!

Well you are unprepared also for not having a pump on you. innit?

Unprepared cyclists in my view include those weight weenies with tiny tiny near useless pumps. One metropolitan fixie took one of these out on a ride recently - gave up, asked to borrow my Topeak Mountain Morph (not cool maybe but very practical), no probs, he promptly bust the fold-out footstand. grr :sad:

Downward

Guru
I carry a pump on the Roadie but the one on the Hybrid got lost after coming off down a hill.
Then again with M+ I don't expect any problems from the tyres on the hybrid.

Worse case scenario I have to phone home for a lift home.

Top Bottom