Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Inconsiderate to other road users

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Invincible

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
So today in London it's quite nice (bleeding marvellous actually!!) so every man, woman and dog was commuting by bike this morning which meant I saw a few (all going in the opposite directon natch apart from two). Out of all these cyclists I saw 6 RLJs. One did stop but he was so far in front of the stop line across the pedestrian crossing and on the corner of the junction that it counts as an RLJ (he was wearing headphones*). Of the 6, 5 were wearing helmets. If we discount the BSO rider from the experiment that meant that this morning 100% of the RLJers I saw were wearing helmets. I did see cyclists without helmets and I saw cyclists without helmets stopped at junctions.

So does wearing a helmet make you:

a. Stupid
b. Inconsiderate to other road users
c. Invincible.

* I think, but cannot prove, that he was listening to "Go through the red light, stop just after. Breathe. Go through the red light stop just after. Breathe. Go through the red light, stop just after. Breathe"

Last edited:

byegad

Legendary Member
After a local Mum campaigned for compulsory helmets after her little darling rode off the pavement into the path of a van*, I am convinced that they protect you from anything less than a nuclear attack.

*And sustained a broken ankle, and no other significant injury despite the fact that he wasn't wearing a helmet!

subaqua

What’s the point
they are the same as hi viz vests , especially the ones with blue and white check and the word polite on them . they all protect you like a shield of steel when you ride like a nobber.

bet you wont post that video on you tube for the police to look at will you.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
they are the same as hi viz vests , especially the ones with blue and white check and the word polite on them . they all protect you like a shield of steel when you ride like a nobber.

bet you wont post that video on you tube for the police to look at will you.
Who? What video?

subaqua

What’s the point
Who? What video?

the complete cockwomblery by a guy in full road warrior uniform of hi viz vest to look like the police and a massive camera on his helmet ( also with blue and white check) . I wonder if that guy will post his footage of him riding like a nobber on Goswell road this morning to the relevant authorities.

had the guy in the tipper not moved to protect the lane from the van then this guy would be a smear on the road . apparently red lights and give ways don't apply to him , well that was the impression I got

Drago

Legendary Member
In my experience trying to make other road users think you're a copper is actually more likely to get you close passed, T boned, or otherwise mistreated. Painting a bloody great target on yourself when going out for a ride is a stoopid thing to do.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
In my experience trying to make other road users think you're a copper is actually more likely to get you close passed, T boned, or otherwise mistreated. Painting a bloody great target on yourself when going out for a ride is a stoopid thing to do.
Yep. I agree.

There was a tipping point, when they were uncommon and people were genuinely confused by them. As a result they steered clear. Today, they are so common, they actively help to make you a target.

Also,,we all make mistakes and do daft stuff, when we do having a huge sign on our backs saying "please ride slowly and be polite", just compounds the mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom