Unused Campagnolo Chorus 11 speedCassette

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Kernow_T

Kernow_T

Über Member

dhd.evans1

Kernow, i'm coming for your wheels again... what would it take to get a Shimano 105 11-spd on these? Not au fait with difference on wheels for cassettes.

Edit: I've lost access to my old account. Previously picked up a set of Aksiums from you if I recall correctly.

OP
OP
Kernow_T

Kernow_T

Über Member
Kernow, i'm coming for your wheels again... what would it take to get a Shimano 105 11-spd on these? Not au fait with difference on wheels for cassettes.

Edit: I've lost access to my old account. Previously picked up a set of Aksiums from you if I recall correctly.
Hi mate. 2 options
A) you stick a Campag 11sp cassette on them (I have an unused chorus 11-25 which are about£130 cheapest online which I'd obviously give a big discount on) and they'll work perfectly with your Shimano everything else so long as it's 11sp.

B) you get a Shimano freehub which are incredibly easy to swap over with basic tools and YouTube. They can be had for about £25-30 new but frequently (albeit probably never when you want one) people are swapping one way or other so often have new/near new one for say £15-20

Oh, and C. You buy the wheels alongside a Campag Athena 11sp groupset and go 'all continental'^_^

Hope that helps

dhd.evans1

Hi mate. 2 options
A) you stick a Campag 11sp cassette on them (I have an unused chorus 11-25 which are about£130 cheapest online which I'd obviously give a big discount on) and they'll work perfectly with your Shimano everything else so long as it's 11sp.

B) you get a Shimano freehub which are incredibly easy to swap over with basic tools and YouTube. They can be had for about £25-30 new but frequently (albeit probably never when you want one) people are swapping one way or other so often have new/near new one for say £15-20

Oh, and C. You buy the wheels alongside a Campag Athena 11sp groupset and go 'all continental'^_^

Hope that helps

Am now working for a bike shop/company (Angus Cycle Hub represent!) so could go down route B as now have access to a workshop, mechanics, and commuting cassette and Shimano freehub hanging from my withered set of Aksiums.

I am also courting another set of second hand Aksiums at £110 posted which won't need a freehub replacement. Could you do £150 posted? (Dundee, Scotland).

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kernow_T

Kernow_T

Über Member

I may be able tonsour a freehub from mechanic at LBS so shout if interested.

Cheers

OP
OP
Kernow_T

Kernow_T

Über Member
Am now working for a bike shop/company (Angus Cycle Hub represent!) so could go down route B as now have access to a workshop, mechanics, and commuting cassette and Shimano freehub hanging from my withered set of Aksiums.

I am also courting another set of second hand Aksiums at £110 posted which won't need a freehub replacement. Could you do £150 posted? (Dundee, Scotland).
The Aksiums and Ksyriums are miles apart and Aksiums at £110 (about 70% of RRP) don't compare with the Ksyriums at less than half of RRP:becool:. You can squeeze me a touch but £150 is definitely too low. Hopefully you'll feel from previous dealings I'm straight and tend to go for a best/fair price but drop me a pm and we'll very possibly sort something out👌

dhd.evans1

The Aksiums and Ksyriums are miles apart and Aksiums at £110 (about 70% of RRP) don't compare with the Ksyriums at less than half of RRP:becool:. You can squeeze me a touch but £150 is definitely too low. Hopefully you'll feel from previous dealings I'm straight and tend to go for a best/fair price but drop me a pm and we'll very possibly sort something out👌
Will PM as have expressed myself poorly here!

Top Bottom