ColinJ
Puzzle game procrastinator!
- Location
- Todmorden - Yorks/Lancs border
I am just finishing a one week walking holiday in Shropshire with a pal. We were wandering around Church Stretton a few days ago and I spotted an unusual game in a charity shop. I liked the look (and name!) of UPTHRUST so I donated £8 to the good cause and brought it back to our holiday accommodation.
It was a great find. It has a lovely old wooden board and wooden peg pieces; none of the modern plastic crap. I reckon that it could be an original, going back about 40 years.
It is a game for 1 to 4 players. We thought that it might be trivial to play but discovered that there is more to it than its 4 simple rules suggest.
If you can find a set somewhere, it is well worth trying.
Any suggestions for other interesting and unusual board games?
I had thought that I might leave it behind for future guests here, but no - I will definitely be taking it back to Yorkshire with me.
It was a great find. It has a lovely old wooden board and wooden peg pieces; none of the modern plastic crap. I reckon that it could be an original, going back about 40 years.
It is a game for 1 to 4 players. We thought that it might be trivial to play but discovered that there is more to it than its 4 simple rules suggest.
If you can find a set somewhere, it is well worth trying.
Any suggestions for other interesting and unusual board games?
I had thought that I might leave it behind for future guests here, but no - I will definitely be taking it back to Yorkshire with me.
Last edited: