Unusual board games

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

All uphill

Still rolling along
Location
Somerset
We're addicted to Othello.

For once the strap line is accurate "A minute to learn, a lifetime to master".

I've lost four games today, but only because I've got a cold. Honest
 

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Location
Scotland
What I should do is to try the latest version on my phone or new tablet. I will do that and get back to you later!

I had one app on both my Google Nexus (android) and on my ipad but after having to reset the Nexus, I discovered that the android version was no longer available.

I was using the free version, which is great, and decided to shell out the one-off payment of £9.95 to get lifetime access to the full version.

It's widely regarded, even by championship players, as the best there is.

You can get it here:
http://www.xg-mobile.com/
 
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I like rule 3, stopping one player running away with it. I can see playing that in a hostel on a Scottish island as rain lashes the windows
Yes. We initially thought it was so simple that we would get bored after a few minutes but then... we found our pegs getting stuck!

Playing 2 colours each is interesting. We also had a few games with 3 players; sharing the 4th colour is a nice twist.

We haven't played with 4 players yet and I have yet to try the solo puzzle variant.

The bio of the game inventor is interesting...!

1790711746915.jpeg
 
Top Bottom