$ up, £ down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e-rider

crappy member
As GBP hits a record low last seen in 1971 and after many recent years of decline, one thing I've noticed is how long different products and services take to react to this. There are two cycling brands that tend to react very quickly (Shimano and Park Tools) and they are the only brands I've ever seen lower prices on the rare occasions that the pound is doing well. I would guess that we will see prices rocket in a matter of weeks if this continues so best stock up now if you need some components or tools!

Economics 101. Something has to give. The fastest industry and notorious for responding to exchange rate movements are the energy firms and the UK is major importer.

Bike and bike parts of popular brands are imported, watch it go north. Might want to move fast if you already decided to buy.

Last edited by a moderator:

yello

I was about to press 'Send' on a currency transfer to Euros... until I saw the exchange rate. Blimey, I'm living on porridge until it picks up! (Not really though, champagne and caviar for me, natch ;) )

Top Bottom