Up The Spout

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

presta

Guru
@wafter
Re your avatar: That works with flies as well as bananas.
Flies only react to fast moving objects and ignore slow ones, so if they settle for a few seconds, you can slowly approach them with the hoover nozzle, and they'll just sit there until they suddenly disappear up the spout.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
@wafter
Re your avatar: That works with flies as well as bananas.
Flies only react to fast moving objects and ignore slow ones, so if they settle for a few seconds, you can slowly approach them with the hoover nozzle, and they'll just sit there until they suddenly disappear up the spout.

I sucked up loads of fruit flies with my vacuum nozzle the other week! :evil:

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
lol - cheers; as much as I hate flies I've always felt a bit bad about just hoovering them up though. I feel like there should be some sort of humane dispatch mechanism inside the nozzle..

A mate and I have discussed making a fly-vacuum using server fans, which are very small and draw air in at very high velocity, so would probably mush them as they passed through.

Not sure what I find appealing about my avatar tbh; just find it quite absurdly entertaining for some reason..

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
When I spent time in the Australian outback I was praying for someone to invent a huge net/vacuum device to attract and suck up all the flies into a big net, which could then be transferred into a crusher with fine holes so that all the liquified flies spurted out. I'd have probably covered myself in the mess and danced around a fire to celebrate

When I spent time in the Australian outback I was praying for someone to invent a huge net/vacuum device to attract and suck up all the flies into a big net, which could then be transferred into a crusher with fine holes so that all the liquified flies spurted out. I'd have probably covered myself in the mess and danced around a fire to celebrate

My word. That is more disturbing than Wafter's avatar :O

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy

Lord of the Flies

Top Bottom