Up the Uts 200 this Saturday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zoom

Über Member
anyone else going for it? could be a test of willpower if the weather's less than clement as I believe it goes back to the warm comfy start quite a few times during the day.

ChrisS is that you?

ChrisS

Zoom said:
ChrisS is that you?

Last time I looked, yes :biggrin:.

See you at the Ut's. Looks like we'll get a soaking. Ah well - what's new?

yello

Ah stop it guys, just get out there and enjoy it! The rain is part and parcel of the experience. In truth, audax is about the only thing I miss about the UK.

OP
OP
Zoom

Zoom

Über Member
ChrisS said:
Last time I looked, yes :biggrin:.

See you at the Ut's. Looks like we'll get a soaking. Ah well - what's new?

this AUK year (since Nov 2007) I've had precisely 30 mins of rain in all my events and none in 4 200s :sad:

last year; well yes that was wet...

were you on the Essex Lanes? a little Scottish lassie was apparently mightily p1ssed off.

ChrisS

No, I was DNF'ing a perm in Leicestershire.

I noticed you mentioned elsewhere Deniece got the wrong week? Well, there are a lot of Randonnees in that area this time of year; one can easily get confused ;).

OP
OP
Zoom

Zoom

Über Member
It was remarkably pleasant with just a couple of light showers (the real rain started on the train journey back); despite being quite an easy 200 it was very flattering to get praise from the riders who were just doing the 100k first or 50k second loops. Very cleverly devised to have all the distances riding together, and the last 50k loop was almost deserted. It's an ideal first 200 as long as you don't mind coming home empty handed if you've had enough after one or two loops.

Top Bottom